The most environmentally friendly and sustainable mode of transport, “rail”, is equally facing great future opportunities and challenges:
- Sustainable growth through strategically motivated and politically supported sustainable investments in the maintenance and expansion of the rail transport system
- Internationalization and globalization among operators, as well as in the vehicle and infrastructure industry
- Harmonization, networking towards transnational transport offers
- The demand for continuous innovation with the aim of modern and needs-based mobility offers
- The change in competitive structures
The standardization and harmonization of the framework conditions leads to opening of previously regulated markets, to the market entry of new competitors, but also to the need for increasing internationalization of the industry as well as the bundling and consolidation of supplier structures.
The partners of Executive Interim Partners support companies from the areas of the railway industry, the railway infrastructure and rail transport companies in this change process with their functional and industry know-how, especially in the following tasks as interim managers and consultants:
- Assumption of interim management responsibilities, also in the executive position (CRO, CEO, CFO, CPO, CSO, CMO, purchasing manager, etc.) or project management and implementation support for performance improvements, even in restructuring situations
- Operational support in the implementation of operational value enhancement programs for short and medium-term cost optimization (e.g. in the area of productivity, operational excellence, purchasing/global sourcing/SCM) and increase in cash flow (e.g. by reducing working capital)
- Implementation of strategies for growth and increased profitability (e.g. internationalization, expansion/focusing and individualization of the product and service portfolio
- Project management for the consolidation and management of individual projects as well as keeping track of project progress (milestones, resources, KPIs & problem identification) in extensive programs for profit improvement or restructuring programs
- Support in commercial and operational due diligence through provision of industrial and functional expertise at short notice in course of acquisitions or portfolio streamlining
Our partner team has extensive experience and references from previous management positions and consulting projects in the field of transportation. We are happy to provide you with further information on the references after consultation with the respective company.
For further information on transportation, please contact Dr. Manfred Lerch.